Terms & Conditions
These Terms and Conditions prevail in the event of any conflict or inconsistency with any other communications, including advertising or promotional materials. Entry instructions are deemed to form part of the Terms and Conditions and by participating, all entrants will be deemed to have accepted and be bound by the Terms and Conditions. Please retain a copy for your information.
- THE PROMOTER
Birds Eye Limited, 1 New Square, Bedfont Lakes Business Park, Feltham, Middlesex, TW14 8HA. Registered in England No. 343496.
The promotion is open to residents of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, aged 18 years or over only, excluding:
(a) employees of the Promoter or its holding or subsidiary companies.
(b) employees of agents or suppliers of the Promoter or its holding or subsidiary companies, who are professionally connected with the promotion or its administration.
(c) members of the immediate families or households of (a) and (b) above
- THE PROMOTION
- The title of the promotion is ‘Megawatts of Savings’.
- The promotional period will open 09:00GMT on the 22/08/23 (the “Opening Date”) to 23:59GMT on 10/10/23 (the “Closing Date”) inclusive. Entries can be uploaded after the Closing Date to the microsite until 7th November and will be added to the wash up draw. Wrap-up draw period opens 00:00GMT 11/10/23 – 23:59GMT 07/11/23. Any entries received after the close of the wrap up draw period will not be accepted.
- Internet access required.
- Purchase required of any Birds Eye product. Purchase from Morrisons and Sainsbury’s only instore or online, subject to availability and whilst stocks last.
- Retain proof of purchase showing date of purchase during the promotional period and prior to date of entry from Morrisons and Sainsbury’s instore or online.
- To enter the prize draws, entrants must purchase any Birds Eye products. Entrants must then scan QR code located on Point of Sale marketing in store or visit winwithbirdseye.co.uk and complete the online form within the respective promotional period (including first name, last name, mobile number and email address ). Entrants will then be required to upload a photograph of their proof of purchase.
- Entrants who do not enter correct details will be disqualified, at the Promoter’s discretion.
- Max one entry per purchase and one prize per household for the entirety of the promotion. 87 Prizes to be won in main draw, 13 in the wrap up draw.
- Entrants who make an entry on someone else’s behalf will be disqualified, at the Promoter’s discretion.
- Incomplete, illegible, invalid or misdirected entries will not be accepted. Proof of sending will not be accepted as proof of delivery. The Promoter takes no responsibility for entries delayed, incomplete or lost due to technical reasons or otherwise.
- 2 entries per person/email, per week. Maximum of fourteen (14) entries per person/email, during the Promotional Period. Entrants must only enter using 1 email address.
- THE PRIZES
- Prizes consist of the following:
- 1 x Fridge Freezer (in the form of an e-gift card, as detailed in 7.2, to purchase a fridge freezer to the value of £2,000)
- 1 x Cooker (in the form of an e-gift card, as detailed in 7.2, to purchase a cooker to the value of £425 which includes the cost of fitting and recycling old cooker)
- 30 x Tower Rose Gold 800W 20 Litre Manual Microwave
- 24 x Tower Vortx Vizion 7 Litre Air Fryer, Black Manual
- 20 x Tower Renaissance 4 slice Toaster
- 12 x Tower Renaissance 1.7 Litre 3KW Kettle
- 12 x Tower Cavaletto 3.5 Litre Slow Cooker
Main draw prizes: Freezer x 1, Cooker x 1, Tower Microwaves x 27, Tower Air Fryer x 20, Tower Toaster x 18, Tower Kettle x 10, Tower Slow Cooker x 10. Total 87 prizes. Wrap up draw prizes: Tower Microwaves x 3, Tower Air Fryer x 4, Tower Toaster x 2, Tower Kettle x 2, Tower Slow Cooker x 2 . Total 13 prizes.
- There are 100 x prizes to be won in total. Total prize pool of £9,500 RRP (as of August 2023).
- There will be one draw for the entirety of the main promotion, and one wrap up draw. (See draw dates in 6.1. below).
- The prizes are non-transferable, non-refundable and cannot be exchanged for any cash alternatives in whole or in part. The only exception to this is where the Promoter and winner agree.
- The Promoter reserves the right to replace the prizes with alternative prizes of equal or higher value if circumstances beyond the Promoter’s control makes it necessary to do so.
- Prizes will be issued by Birds Eye Limited, 1 New Square, Bedfont Lakes Business Park, Feltham, Middlesex, TW14 8HA. Registered in England No. 343496.
- The winners will be drawn by a secure independent verified computer programme at random from all valid entries for the entirety of the promotion (from the “Opening Date”). Winners ages will be verified as being over 18. There will be one draw for the entirety of the main promotion, and one wrap up draw. A winner will be redrawn if they have previously won or if there is a previous winner within their household. Draw dates are as follows:
- Tuesday 22nd Aug – Tuesday 10th Oct. Winners drawn by Thursday 12th October.
- Prizes (to be allocated in the following order) : Freezer x 1, Cooker x 1, Tower Microwaves x 27, Tower Air Fryer x 20, Tower Toaster x 18, Tower Kettle x 10, Tower Slow Cooker x 10.
- 11th Oct - 7th Nov – Winners drawn on Wednesday 8th November.
- Prizes (to be allocated in the following order): Tower Microwaves x 3, Tower Air Fryer x 4, Tower Toaster x 2, Tower Kettle x 2, Tower Slow Cooker x 2
Wrap up draw:
- Winners of Microwaves, Air Fryers, Toasters, Air Fryer, Kettles and Slow Cookers: Please allow up to 30 working days from valid acceptance for the prize to be delivered. Prizes will be delivered via courier. A signature may be required to acknowledge delivery.
- Winners of the fridge freezer and cooker prizes will receive and e-gift card to the value of the product won. If the winner submitted a receipt from Sainsburys proving their purchase of Birds Eye products to gain entry to the competition, they will receive an Argos e-gift card. If the winner submitted a receipt from Morrisons proving their purchase of Birds Eye products to gain entry to the competition, they will receive a Currys e-gift card. E-gift cards will be emailed to the winner using email details provided at point of entry. The e-gift card can be used in store or online and expires in 2 years after date of purchase . If a refund is required it will go back on the e-gift card . Gift Card terms for Currys can be found here: https://www.currys.co.uk/services/ways-to-pay/gift-cards.html. Argos e-gift card terms can be found here: https://www.argosgiftcard.co.uk/Argos/ByEmail/Argos/TermsAndConditions. The Promoter will not be held responsible if a gift card winner chooses a Cooker costing more than £425 or Freezer costing more than £2,000, any additional cost will need to be covered by the winner.
- It is the responsibility of the entrant to provide correct, up-to-date details when entering the promotion and on acceptance of a prize. The Promoter cannot be held responsible for winners failing to supply accurate information which affects prize acceptance or delivery of their prize.
- Insofar as is permitted by law, the Promoter, its agents or distributors will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate any winner or accept any liability for any loss, damage, personal injury or death occurring as a result of using a prize except where it is caused by the negligence of the Promoter, its agents or distributors or that of their employees in which case that liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law. Your statutory rights are not affected.
- By entering the promotion, you agree that any personal information provided by you with the promotion entry may be held and used only by the Promoter or its agents and suppliers solely to administer this promotion. Data obtained during promotion will be deleted after 120 days after each draw date.
- You can request access to your personal data, or have any inaccuracies rectified, by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org By participating in the promotion, you agree to the use of your personal data as described here.
- The Promoter will make available a list of freezer and cooker winners’ surnames and counties of residence to members of the public or regulators who request such details within 3 months of the closing date of this promotion. Entrants can object to disclosure, or request that disclosure be limited in scope by contacting email@example.com. We may nevertheless disclose the information to the Advertising Standards Authority if required to do so. You may request a copy of the winners list by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. We reserve the right to refuse any or all such requests.
- If the Promoter has any reason to believe that there has been a breach of these Terms and Conditions, or if it has any reason to believe that efforts have been made to distort the competitive process or spirit of the promotion, the Promoter may, at its sole discretion, reserve the right to exclude any entrant from participating in the promotion and refuse to award a prize or withdraw prize entitlement.
- In the event of circumstances outside the reasonable control of the Promoter, or otherwise where fraud, abuse, and/or an error affects or could affect the proper operation of this promotion or the awarding of prizes, and only where circumstances make this unavoidable, the Promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the promotion or these Terms and Conditions, at any stage, but will always endeavour to minimise the effect to participants in order to avoid undue disappointment.
- The Promoter will verify all entries including but not limited to asking for proof of ID (passport, driving licence or equivalent) and address which the entrant must provide within 7 days of request. Proof of purchase will be requested of all entrants on entry for verification.
- The Promoter has no control over internet or communication networks and is not liable for any problems associated with them due to traffic congestion, technical malfunction or otherwise. The Promoter will not be held liable to any individual for any fraud committed by any third party nor for any event beyond its control including, but not limited to, user error and any network, computer, hardware or software failures of any kind which may restrict, delay or prevent a participant’s entry to the promotion.
- Entries (bulk or otherwise) made from trade, syndicates, consumer groups or third parties will not be accepted. If it becomes apparent that a participant is reposting the same content multiple times or using a computer(s) to circumvent this or any other condition by, for example, the use of ‘script’, ‘brute force’ or any other automated means, that person’s entries will be disqualified, and any prize award will be void.
- The decisions of the Promoter are final and binding in all matters relating to the promotion and no correspondence will be entered.
- If any clause or provision of these Terms and Conditions is declared by a court to be illegal, invalid, or unenforceable, this declaration shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any other clause or provision within.
- The Terms and Conditions of this promotion, and any disputes arising therefrom, shall be subject to English law and the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of England and Wales unless you live in another part of the UK, in which case your local courts will have jurisdiction.